Flameless Flare: Reusable Roadside Emergency Flare
Safe, weatherproof, and magnetic.
You may also like:
The Flameless Flare is to the traditional flare what sliced bread is to unsliced bread. It's a LOT better...especially when making a sandwich.
Seriously, the Flameless Flare is an incredibly useful roadside emergency product. The LED bulb will last forever and the magnetic base allows you to stick it to any surface of your car (well, unless your car is plastic).
Requires 2 AAA batteries which are included.
Features & specs
- Visible from 1,000 feet
- Magnetic base adheres to trunk, hood, or door
- Doubles as a map light
- LED bulb never dies
- Includes 2 AAA batteries
No Flame. Reusable. Weatherproof.
All drivers should carry an emergency road flare
In a 2006 study sponsored by the Transportation Research Board (trb.org), the use of flares was found to have a significant and positive effect on passing vehicle speed, lane distribution, and separation from the roadway edge.
Annually, nearly 350,000 parked/disabled motor vehicle (PDMV) crashes occur in the U.S. in which an average of 507 occupants and non-motorists are killed and over 30,000 people are injured.
Reasons for buying a flameless safety flare:
- Long life: Traditional road flares burn out in 15 minutes. The Flameless Flare LED safety flare will run for 250 hours continuously. The LED bulb never needs replacing. Simply replace the AAA batteries. Two AAA batteries are included.
- Reusable: The Flameless Safety Flare is reusable. The flashing LED light never needs replacing. Just swap out the batteries when they are dead.
- Magnet: The high-powered magnet at the bottom of the unit allows you to place the Flameless Flare on the roof, trunk, hood, or side of your car for maximum visibility. It will never blow over (which is extremely dangerous with a traditional road flare).
- Distance: The flashing light can be seen from up to 1,000 ft.
- Map light: It doubles as a map light. The Flameless Flare can be set to flash or to stay on continuously. The red LED light will not disrupt your night vision when you need to check out a map.
- Back-up hazard light: The Flameless Flare can be used as an alternative to your hazard lights to prevent battery drain or if your battery is dead.
We love the Flameless Safety Flare, and so will you
We don't know about you, but the idea of striking up a traditional safety flare on the side of the road does not sound like a good time. It's kind of like holding onto a nuclear-powered super sparkler. Not fun. Plus, traditional flares burn out in about 15 minutes. The Flameless Flare has a magnetic base. Your normal road flare doesn't, so if you put it on the side of the road while you're trying to change a tire, it could get blown around by the wind or passing cars. Great, now the nuclear-powered super sparkler is mobile.
The other big reason why we're huge fans of the Flameless Flare Safety Flare is that it uses an LED light and comes with batteries. You can just toss this guy into your glove compartment and it's ready to go when you need it.
The map light is a good feature, too, but since we never, ever get lost while driving, we probably won't use it too much... (that last sentence employs that new-fangled comedic device known as sarcasm).
This product has been discontinued. Frown face!
Burning Questions: You Ask, We Answer
Want to ask your own Burning Question?
Unfortunately, this product is not currently available for purchase. Therefore, we cannot accept any new burning questions. Sorry!