Soapstone Carving Kit
A kit to build a bear… from stone!
Watch video for: Soapstone Carving Kit
Take up the time-honored tradition of carving and create something uniquely yours with the Soapstone Carving Kit. This accessible kit includes a roughly formed piece of soapstone and all of the tools you'll need to carve it into shape, sand it smooth, and buff and polish it into a finished piece.
Not only is soapstone carving an enjoyable craft to whittle away the time, but it's also a way for aspiring artists to discover their hidden talents as they discover the shape within the stone. The great Michaelangelo once spoke of one of his pieces, "I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." Try your hand at the craft and set free your own Gentle Ben of a bear from the block of real metamorphic rock!
Step-by-step instructions will guide you through the process of creating your own bear sculpture to display proudly in your gallery (or just on your desk).
Features & specs
- The tools and materials you need to carve your own bear figurine from soapstone
- Includes: a pre-cut stone, a carving file, sandpaper, polishing wax, a buffing cloth, and step-by-step instructions
- Kit dimensions: 8" x 6 1/2" x 2" (20.3 cm x 16.5 cm x 5 cm)
- Approximate finished sculpture dimensions: 3 1/2" x 2" x 1" (8.9 cm x 5 cm x 2.5 cm)
- Color of soapstone may vary
- Approximately 90 minutes of crafting fun
- Recommended for ages 8+
- Made in Canada
Where can I buy this awesomeness?
Burning Questions: You Ask, We Answer
Want to ask your own Burning Question?
This product is no longer available for purchase directly from Vat19. Therefore, we are no longer accepting new burning questions at this time. Sorry!