BodyGard ESC 5-in-1 Emergency Tool
It could save your life!
The BodyGard is the Rolls-Royce of keychain emergency tools. Its two essential (and life-saving) tools are its seat belt cutter and door glass breaker.
The BodyGard also includes a sonic alarm (to attract attention and ward-off a would-be attacker), LED flashlight, and distress flasher (a bright red flashing light).
The BodyGard is compact and smartly attaches to your keychain so it's within reach during an emergency. You owe it to yourself and to your family to carry a BodyGard.
Features & specs:
- Dimensions: 1.75" wide x 3" long
- Spring-loaded glass breaker with automatic reset
- Sealt belt cutter with sharp safety blade
- Distress flasher to signal distress
- Bright LED flashlight
- Piercing sonic alarm to signal for help
- Water resistant
- High-carbon steel components
- Requires LR44/AG13 batteries (included)
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Instruction manual Download (PDF) :
Watch our BodyGard Auto Emergency Tool video
Notes on this video:
- The body design and coloring of the BodyGard ESC have changed slightly since this video was created. However, all functionality remains the same.
BodyGard 5-in-1 emergency tool
In an emergency, you'll be thanking your lucky stars that you had the foresight to purchase the BodyGard ESC 5-in-1 emergency tool. This tiny device, a mere three inches long, boasts a spring-loaded glass breaker, a seat belt cutter, a flashlight, a distress flasher, and sonic alarm.
Release yourself from a malfunctioning seatbelt
The BodyGard features a safety blade that allows you to quickly slice through a jammed seatbelt.
Seatbelts can easily become stuck in the event of an accident and the last thing you want is to be stuck inside a burning or submerged vehicle. With the BodyGard's seatbelt cutter, you'll be able to free yourself.
Your door is smashed shut. Your power windows don't work. Now what?
In an accident, your door may become stuck or smashed shut. Your only escape from a dangerous vehicle (which may be on fire or submerged) is through your window. But, you have power windows and they're not working either.
Solution? Grab your BodyGard, quickly and easily smash your window, and escape. A fast-acting window breaker could save your life.
Separates quickly from your keychain
Frankly, there's no point in having a tool like the BodyGard if you can't use it quickly and easily in the case of an emergency.
The BodyGard is designed to quickly detach from your keychain. Just give it a good yank and it easily slides off.
Sonic Alarm attracts attention, annoys would-be attacker
Trust us, the BodyGard's sonic alarm is pretty darned annoying. At first, we couldn't figure out how to turn it off (that's what you get for not reading the instructions) and it almost drove us crazy.
We ended up wrapping it in a coat (which made it just bearable) until we read the instructions. Hint: Hold the button down for 3 seconds to turn it off.
The point of the sonic alarm is to attract attention to yourself in the case of an emergency or to scare off a would-be attacker.
Flag down help with the distress flasher
With the signal flasher, you can flag down help if you're stranded on the side of the road. While we think the Flameless Flare does a better job for this one particular task, having the red distress flasher in this tool is incredibly handy.
Use the LED flashlight to open doors at night
It's great to have an emergency tool like the BodyGard that includes a seatbelt cutter and window breaker. And we should all carry such a tool. But, we're human and it's hard to keep a tool on our keychain that we (hopefully) may never use.
It's a lot easier to keep that tool on the keychain if it can offer an everyday benefit. The LED flashlight feature provides exactly that great benefit.
Important safety information about the BodyGard
- It takes about 12lb of force to depress the plunger and activate the spring-loaded steel point. So, under normal usage, the steel point will never release. However, just like any other tool, it could hurt you if you used improperly (such as shoving the plunger into your leg).
- The stainless steel blade will not cut you if used properly (leave your keychain attached to it unless in an emergency). Don't try to stick your tongue into it or something silly like that.
- BodyGard includes a keyring.
Burning Questions: You ask and we answer!
Want to ask your own Burning Question?
Now, if there is something that you need to know about this product that we've omitted, please send us an anonymous question and we promise to answer it within 1 business day.